For either the Headlamps or Front Park and Turn Signal Lamps
1. To remove the six plastic fasteners from the shield use a screwdriver to pull up the center of the fastener. Be careful not to break the fasteners that hold the shield in place.
2. Using a 13 mm socket, remove the two bolts from the headlamp. Pull the headlamp assembly up and toward the front of the vehicle to access the bulb assembly.
When replacing the driver檚 side headlamp, twist the bulb assembly one-eighth turn counterclockwise and remove it from the headlamp assembly. When replacing the passenger檚 side headlamp, twist the bulb assembly one-eighth turn clockwise and remove it from the headlamp assembly.
3. Disconnect the bulb base from the socket by lifting the plastic locking tab.
4. Remove the black collar by turning it counterclockwise.
5. Remove the bulb by pulling the bulb straight out.
6. Snap a new bulb into the socket.
7. Reinstall the bulb assembly by reversing Steps 1 through 3, making sure the lower leg of the headlamp bracket is properly seated into the wedge-shaped retainer.
Does anyone know how to change the headlight bulbs on a 2001 Chevy Cavalier ?Thanks for the pull up and out part....I couldn't get it out until I tried that. The manual gives you some hoopla about finding somekind of release with a screwdriver.
Report AbuseDoes anyone know how to change the headlight bulbs on a 2001 Chevy Cavalier ?autozone will install most for free, providing you buy it there